Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hello

Dear Family,

Today has been new missionary day. There were 16 new missionaries that came in and around that many who left yesterday. Every 6 weeks we do this and it always turns out to be a zoo ? 
I will start with yesterday:
Which boys(That means all the former missionaries in our family) would you say you are
          a , The one the mission hated to see leave
          b, the one the  mission President wanted to send home early
          c, the missionary who caused the landlord to evict you as tenants
          d, the missionary who is OCD
          e,the missionary who was always happy and positive and tried very hard to follow the rules
    or.  f, the missionary 
who decides to go to lunch with friends and almost misses his flight home because no one can find him,so the mission President has to make a special trip to find him and take him to the airport !
I am sure I know which category you all fall into! 

The missionaries who arrived today look a little nervous and scared,but. They have some great trainers. In the short time I have been here I have come to know some wonderful young men and women who are going to go home and be great leaders. Nothing can prepare a young man or women like a mission. I love the people I deal with on a daily basis. They are the best of the best. I wish I could explain the different cultures we are coming to know and love. One of the Elders that left yesterday is an Elder Oppiyo who was here from Kenya. He was so powerful in a quiet way. He will go home and be such an asset to their country.

It was fun to talk to some of you on Sunday. I know where Patti was ,but where was Alex?  Patti did you find out if we can face time during the twins baptism. I would love to be able to do that. I am sure they are excited.

It is starting to get a little warmer but now very rainy. We changed time last Saturday night. 
Anxious to watch conference this weekend. We keep hearing that it is wonderful.

The missionaries are starting to come back for a meeting. I love you all and miss you. I pray for you every day and night. Stay strong and love the gospel. It will help us all through all our trials. The  Lord loved you and wants you to return to him. 
Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment