Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Well, we just got back from our first devotional.  The program started with "Called to Serve." Here I was in a sea of several thousand missionaries sing one of my favorite hymns.  And to think I was one of those missionaries, representing the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints.  I just cried.  Adrienne and I are so happy. The senior missionaries are great and we all have formed a bond already.  We have and 8 am class together for an hour and then divide into districts for classes from 9-11:30 and then lunch.  More classes at 1:30 to 4:30.  Those classes are taught by darling returned missionaries.  We are studying preach my gospel.  Tony a full hour class today on INVITE.  Jacob, morning classes on BRT building relationships of TRUST.  You both were right on.  Tomorrow we have to each play missionary for 45 minutes to an investigator.  Scared to death.  We practiced all morning and afternoon to be prepared.  It will be a great experience but I sure don't feel very comfortable.  We are both so happy, everything is positive, and even the young ones always speak to us.  We met the MTC presidency and now everyone calls us the Sister Sisters.  They think we are the luckiest people to be able to serve together and be able to go to Melbourne, Australia.  We are studying together and learning lots.  We are walking at 6 every morning or night because there is lots of sitting. They stress exercise exercise exercise.

I can't tell you how often Adrienne and I look at each other and say, "I can't believe we are really here and are MISSIONARIES.

Love to you all,
Mother, Grandma, Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment